Three hours per week or more are spent in conferences.
• 500 conferences are given annually at each hospital.
• Many conferences are multidisciplinary.
• Medical school faculty frequently serve as guest speakers.
Other Educational Programs
• Medical student clerkships and electives
• Emergency Medicine Fellowship
• Pharmacy Residency
• Training site for Auburn University pharmacy students
• Residency in health care administration
• A variety of allied health students from local educational institutions rotate regularly to Brookwood Baptist Health for clinical experience.
Brookwood Baptist Health will consider only J-1 Visa applications sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Generally, BBH will not sponsor H-1B Visa applications.
You should have completed USMLE Step II prior to beginning the residency program. If not successfully completed prior to the beginning of the residency program, then Step II (including the Clinical Skills Examination) must be successfully completed before completion of the first six months of residency training. Residents must register to take USMLE Step III prior to completion of the first year of residency training. Step III must be successfully completed before the resident will be renewed to continue beyond the second year of training. Individual residency programs may invoke more stringent requirements.